INTERREG VA Spain Portugal (POCTEP)
The project 'Halal Market: market resilience to new trends in tourism' is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), through the Interreg VA Spain-Portugal Program (POCTEP) 2014-2020, which promotes projects of cross-border cooperation with the support of the European Union.
The POCTEP 2014-2020 acts around a series of large areas or thematic axes:
- Promote research, technological development and innovation, specifically:
- Improve the scientific excellence of the Cross-border Cooperation Area and in the lines of research with the potential to be competitive internationally.
- Improve the participation of the business fabric in innovation processes and in R & D & I activities closest to the market (technological development, trial tests, innovation) that can be exploited commercially.
- Improve the competitiveness of small and medium-sized companies, specifically:
- Improve the necessary and favorable conditions for the appearance of new business initiatives, guaranteeing their sustainability and promoting their growth.
- Promote competitiveness in those sectors in which the Cooperation Area has competitive advantages.
- Promote adaptation to climate change in all sectors, and more particularly, promote increased territorial resilience to transboundary natural risks.
- Protect the environment and promote resource efficiency, specifically:
- Protect and enhance the cultural and natural heritage, as an economic base for the cross-border region.
- Improve the protection and sustainable management of natural spaces.
- Reinforce sustainable local development along the entire Spanish-Portuguese border.
- Increase efficiency levels in the use of natural resources to contribute to the development of the green economy in the area of cooperation.
- Improve the institutional capacity and efficiency of the public administration, consolidating new strategies for dialogue and interrelation, which allow the launching of new initiatives between the different actors operating on the border.
Specifically, the 'Halal Market' project is inserted in axis 2: inclusive growth through cross-border cooperation in favor of business competitiveness; in thematic objective 3: improve the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises; and in investment priority 3B: development and application of new business models for SMEs, particularly for their internationalization.